The Monsoon Ride in Sahyadris..!!



Here comes the monsoon and Sahyadris are the Coolest attraction for those looking to escape the city’s hustle and bustle over the weekend.

This  weekends I planned to ride through the entire range of Sahyhadris.
I started from Pune on my beast (RE 350) for a 3 day 800 KM ride.

The final route planned was - Pune- Bhimashankar - Puruswadi - Bhandardhara - Tansa - Wada- Murbad- Malshej- Pune.

Rotue Map

I made a spontaneous alteration on the way of Pune- Bhīma Shankar

Starting the Ride at around 5 am after having a cup of tea.

Instead of riding through the Conventional highway route, we  took the unknown way through some random village in order to skip the highway and its unpleasant traffic. 
(Pune- bhamboli-bhorgiri-Bhimashanker)

This decision turned out to be an amazement as we  discovered one of the most beautiful & unexplored landscapes and rustic village life.

As we  entered the BhÄ«ma Shankar shetra (Region), the entire aisle seemed hiding beneath clouds. It seemed as if I’m cruising through the clouds.


Photos taken en route.
Chakan - Bhamboli 

Chakan  - Bhamboli

Bhamboli - Bhorgiri
Bhamboli - Bhorgiri
Bhimashankar
Bhorgiri - Bhimashankar



After having lunch nearby Bhimashnakar temple, we proceeded  further .

My colleague decided to get back to Pune leaving me alone half way through the planned trip, but I continued my ride ahead.
I cruised towards Puruswadi (place renowned for Fireflies) which was approx. 150 km away from my then location. (Bhimashanker- Ghodegaon-Otur-Puruswadi_)





Homestay at Puruswadi






Otur- Puruswadi

At one moment on the way, I regretted riding to Purus-wadi, but once I reached the village through a dense hilly forest from Rigor, Man….I cheered myself that I got to experience the countryside’s charm.


It was almost dark around 7.0 pm; I was the lone person riding through the overhead tree bush covered road with roaring sound of my Beast.
My phone battery drained and   nobody on the way to ask for the way to Puruswadi.
Fortunately I spotted the 2 locals on motorbike met me  on way and asked “Are you heading for Fire flies?"
With a succumbed voice –Yes, I said.
They asked me to follow them. Oh dear  I could hear my heart pumping out of fear, I admit it was scary!

I was in total scepticism and my mind was filled with unpleasant questions, whether to follow them or not to… how I would defend in case of……etc….
Being in so dark and none around to ask for help, I had no options with a petrified heart I followed suit.

I was just following them and was preparing mentally in case if I ever got robbed or some sort of unpleasant happened.   Riding behind them for about around 25-30 km they stopped by and pointed me to some direction showing the village.
I thanked them for such courtesy.
Hearing the sound of my machine’s Dug Dug. A family marched towards me and asked "Bhaiya Fireflies k liye aaye ho ?'
I Said: Yes.

I was wondering if they could arrange shelter, gladly without a second thought they accommodated me on that heavy pouring night.
The house looked like a hut with cow dung cemented on patches with no power supply but yet it was pleasing to rest there, that took me decades back.

A hot cup of tea and warm blankets were offered in their one of the room where they used to keep their grains.





I unfortunately couldn’t witness the fireflies as it was pouring that night.

However being dark in the room with small oil lamp lit, I could witness few twinkling bugs in the room.

They next day morning I got up at around five, I prepared myself to continue my further journey.
The host family too woke up we had cup of tea together.

Without any hesitation I paid them 200/- and they happily accepted and saw me off me with a beautiful smile, saying " Part yam  tumhi kadhi !!"

I moved myself towards, Tansa - Wada via (ghoti - Atgaon- Wada).

Beautiful vibrant rice paddy fields all around the way were too soothing.






 On the way to Ghoti, I noticed mountains with beautiful flowers, waterfalls, water bodies, green valley and best natural scenery.

The stunning and spectacular view of Peaks- Harischandragad, Kalsubai, and Bhandardhara made my day.






Covering 120 KM   Kasara ghat, Sahapur, reached on Sahapur- wada road. Bike riding on the single lane pavement  with hardly any vehicles.

The curve, sloppy and smooth road will make you feel like riding somewhere near Swiss Alps.

Sahapur - Wada Road


Wada- Vajreshwari Road

Tansa Lake - Beautiful Sunrise


On the way noticed splendid view of sunrise over Tansa Lake.

Around 11 am, reached my Home Virar which was around 40 km from Tansa.

Next Day , my return journey started towards Pune, however again, not the usual Mumbai - Pune highway through Wada- Murbad- Malshejghat- Machar-Pune.

The roads were so beautiful, with vibrant trees along the side, was truly speechless.

Murbad - Malshej Ghat


Malshej Ghat


Malshej Ghat

Malshej Road

Dozens of Waterfall on Malshej ghat was not less than Watching shot location of Bahubali!!
I touch the normal highway at Manchar and headed straight to Pune, reached around 10 pm.

It has been rightly said: “It’s not about the destination; it’s purely about the Ride”
As every fortnight I used to travel Virar (my home) on weekends which is hardly 185 Km from Pune, but this time tried some unusual road covering 800 km in total and what I found is you all have noticed in my blog.

Hope such journey continues in the coming days too…


Comments

Popular Posts