Daringbadi-The Kashmir of Odisha.


Route:

Bhubaneshwar-Ganjam- Daringbadi - Dasinbadi- Chilika- Bhubaneshwar

#520 KM

Solo bike ride is something very close to my heart, it makes you feel the closeness to nature and discover you inner voice! The ride to Daingabadi was planned well before in advance in my mind but was not sue how safe it will be to ride on that route due to recent Maoist attack in that area, my bike having Maharashtra No. plate and moreover it had been through a recent makeover of camouflaged print (which I did for just 400Rs). Adding to it like a cherry over the cake was I being non Odian –the city, people and the routes were new! Though exploring new places is like one of the most exciting thing for riders, I finally decided to take up a chance and decided to ride towards Daringabadi.

Ride started on Saturday evening at 6pm. Weather condition was clear and Indra Devta seemed to be blessing people of Odhisa with pleasant breeze adding up to the mood, clear road surrounded by dark green mountains. Distance from Bhubaneshwar to Daringabadi is 230_kms and I was pretty sure, it’s not possible to cover the entire route during late night hours. Also from localities of that area, I had heard many stories about the Naxalites in those parts. Deciding not to take further risk, I decided to take halt at Aska which is 170 km from Bhubaneshwar.




Preferring PwD guesthouse is like a trump card for riders as it is cheap, well maintained and most of the time are vacant. By paying just 150 RS you could easily get a decent room amidst the dense forest. Have you ever experienced being all alone in a king size room, surrounded by forest? If not then I must say you must! If you are fortunate enough you will fall asleep soon otherwise there are going to be moments where you will start visualizing white images and hearing baby’s laughter (This was on a lighter note, there is nothing like that, these rooms are pocket friendly so go for it!!)

Next day was going to be a complete adventure, I woke up before even Sun could rise and kick started the ride towards Daringbadi which was around 75 km from Aska. 






.
Route to Daringbadi is through heaven, dense green forest which makes you feel more cheerful and the ghat on the other side symbolizing the danger. It seemed to be symbolizing the reality of life where you have happiness on one side and the wretchedness on the other side! One wrong move and your life will flip 360 degree!  Blissfully song was being played on the music speaker of my bike, roads were empty with just one or two heavy vehicles passing by and everything seemed to be perfect! As the destination was getting closer, my excitement was increasing and I could feel the butterflies in the stomach. It took around hours to reach at the destination and I was there by 8am






The view indeed was amazing with clouds covering the view ahead, cold breeze all over and the mist kissing you over the face! The environment was soothing, healing in which was the hidden cure of humanity. There are couple of more places to visit like butterfly park, Daringbadi nature park, Daringbadi lovers point. 












However I couldn't find any couple, but some couple of dogs! Who will prefer to come at the center of jungle just for few romantic moments?? May be its Dog’s lover’s point! Enjoying the closeness to nature, I left for Dashingwadi waterfall which was suggested by Localities there and is just 12kms away from Daringbadi.



.
It’s one of the most unexplored waterfalls and cannot be found on Goggle Maps. The route to Dashingwadi is quite isolated and after travelling certain distance on would surely get the feeling as if he is the last human on the planet. Fortunately after riding half of the distance, I was able to see another human! Without wasting a second, I stopped near him and asked him the route. That human was a blessed soul and asked me to come along with him as he knew the exact destination! At first my mind was reluctant to follow him, and was scared too but had no other option so decided to follow him. Just going half km ahead, I saw a couple and felt a sigh of relief. Someone has correctly said, Strangers are just friends waiting to happen!



Parking my bike into the bushes, I walked 100 steps ahead and witnessed the beautiful view of waterfall. 







The sound and the power of pounding water makes you forget all the sad things in the world! Taking some beautiful clicks, I started by ride back to Bhubaneshwar.

As they say, short but sweet and filled with lots of experiences, I reached back to Bhubaneshwar at 8pm.


Insta : dsrimagination

Fb: DhirendraSingh Rajpurohit

YouTube: dsrimagination

Twitter: dsrimagination

Comments

Popular Posts